Reply To: This is amazing!

• Andrea Aho

June 22, 2024 at 11:48 am

Hi Cassie! Thank you so much!!

Land patent work is a deep dive, indeed. Easiest way to get started is to go online to the Bureau of Land Management. If you have a ppy tax bill or deed, all you need is the Section, Township and Range in order to conduct a search. Request 2 certified copies of the original land patent. I’d start with this first- because those wheels turn slowly. I sent my request in over a month ago and have yet to receive them. Then, (this is the fun part!) visit your Register of Deeds and you’ll conduct a complete chain of title search, and print two copies. (My first one is roughly 70-80 pages due to the number of times the land transferred hands). I have yet to receive Ron’s books, however, from a couple of the interviews I watched- they need to be notarized- but I have not yet figured out how to do that outside of hiring a title company. I know he details it in his book. Once we get those ducks in a row, we send it all to Ron, and in 3-4 days he will return it to you to continue the process. The abstract book should give you all the information you need. Some of the counties are completely digital now, but I prefer the abstract books.

As a former paralegal, I love doing this sort of work. But, having worked within the confines of “the matrix”, I’m finding it challenging to un-learn and re-learn so much!

The Freedom People